How to Use Engineering Adventures
Engineering Adventures offers fun, hands-on activities based on real-world engineering challenges for your afterschool program.
Our curriculum units are flexible and easy to integrate into your program:
- Each unit includes 6 to 10 activities.
- Activities take about 45 minutes each.
- You use inexpensive, easy-to-get office, craft, and household materials.
- You can do one activity a day . . . an activity every other day . . . an activity once a week . . . it’s up to you!
Each unit comes with supporting materials:
- Background information about the real-world challenges referenced for each activity
- Questions that help kids push their engineering skills and knowledge
- Detailed lesson plans that make it easy to facilitate the activities
- Activities that support critical thinking, problem solving, and teamwork